Hi got a major problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxmaniac8

Beta member
I have got the worlds largest problem,
when booting up the computer after a long day of gaming it loaded with no icons no tool bar nothing now i tried five times and nothing was coming up so i spoke to my mate and he said reformat the c:\ drive which ive done once before, so i put in the boot disks and it came up start with cd rom support which i did got the little dos icon come up
A:\ so typed like it was told to
a:\format c:
which it started to do it came up with the little message saying all information will be lost wish to continue yes!

then once it had finished i did what i was told and typed
a:\setup

it came up and said this program cannot be installed in dos

then i freaked

it gave other examples so i tired

d:\setup
d:\setup\winxp

i have no got nothing but dos can anyone help

i really need this computer back qucik as i am about to start the coursework run for my AS levels please reply to

foxmaniac8@hotmail.com

i am beyond desperate and short of paying money that i just dont have for someone to come out and fix it i dunno what to do

:confused: this post should be in Operating Systems or Hardware not here.

As to your problem: Do you have your XP CD? You can boot XP with that, if you stil have problems and 6 floppy disks floating around you can download boot disks from Microsoft.:)

cajun's told ya what to do ... just wanted to add this for future refrerance

There's no setup.exe fro installing xp from DOS ... move to directory I386 on the xp cd ..u'll find a file named WinNT.exe ...That's the setup file

this has happpened to me insert your XP cd go to a prompt type in *:/I386/WINNT and follow the instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom