hey peeps, can you test this for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
Auslogic free defrag...

Disk Defrag - Reclaim the Speed Of Your Disks

let me tell you a bit first...this is not a plug. I use Vista Ultimate...I discovered that vista's defrag leaves a lot to be desired, but maybe that is only old conventional thinking involved. I did a lot of searching and the ms sites are maybe on a new thinking path when it comes to reporting hard disks conditions concerning fragmentation/defragmentation data.

Vista defrag issues from this:

vista defrag - MSDN Forums

For those that don't know, Vista does not provide an analysis of fragmentation, nor does it give you a progress bar when you defrag something. MS dev sites give their opinion on this and I believe they have some grounds...but I am used to things providing me status reports while they do their job, especially if it can take hours.

So, this is not a plug but hoping ppl here can use this (if you haven't already) along with other commercial apps, and tell me if you think this freebie does a good job at defragging for Vista. I ask because it seems to perform very very efficiently. My only concern is they are "skimping".

If you could and have other comparative apps to test with, let me know if the defrag abilities of this app is complete and not lacking.

thanks ppl

if you put your data unto other partitions, defraging isn't much of an issue. defraging helps when you have one big OS drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom