Help XP home Wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

legg

Beta member
hopefully someone knows how to fix this, i've been all over the net and have yet to find a soloution. this is a new dell machine, about a month old. It has XP with sp2. no hardware or software changes have happened but it's decided not to boot up. Its get to the windows screen and freezes to a black screen never making it to the desktop. when i try and restart it gives a message that says something along the lines of "we're sorry for the inconvenience windows did not start up correctly....." and then i have choices for safe mode or last known configuration that worked etc... well, no luck with any of those, wont boot into safe mode nothing. so i figured i would boot from cd. i changed the bios to boot from cd. same problem it gets to windows screen locks up. then i made a boot disk on floppy and that didnt work either. im stumped on this, any help would be appreciated.

that's what i was thinking but since im in school right now working on getting my A+ certification i figured i should try and fix it myself.

dell is sorta wierd too...like tell em your volume doesnt work, and the send u a new motherboard.:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom