Help, WinXP blue screens during startup / install, serious problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hate M$

Beta member
Ok, heres the problem... and its a big one.

Yesterday i was messing around with some games online, something messed up and i started to get really jerky gameplay, i think it was the video card or internet conn (has to be really), so anyways i play a game solo after that just to test it wasnt the hosts connection ... a little while in everything locks up with an evil blue screen of death.

So thats not a big deal, i cant load up windows though so i just go and reinstall it, i figure whatever it is it can be fixed with a fresh install and i planned on doing it this week anyway.

Heres the problem, after i installed windows i get an error half way through the install stage... causes everything to show a blue screen of death saying different things each time, the first time it said "check hardware & drivers ecetera, if you installed something new take it out" the next times it was saying stuff like check your bios is up to date.

For ages i had a problem where it would keep locking up, i couldnt restart it in safe mode as it would say "cannot run setup in safe mode, system will be restarted" or similar.

Eventually after hours of trying to install windows over and over again i got lucky and it worked fine... i need to know if anyone knows what the problem was and how i can check / diagnose to see what was wrong with it.

Since it was non specific it could be any number of things .... video card, sound card, DMA conflicts, boot sector virus, ram burned out... christ i have no idea.

Im planning on wiping out the entire hard disk in the next few days and doing a total clean install once more this time with a prepatched SP2 version of XP, so i really need to know what went wrong here.

Any advice appreciated.

Edit: Oh heres what it said when i eventually DID get the damned thing to install .... (trying to add attatchment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom