HELP! winsock 2 probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnypuppy

Beta member
I need help repairing winsock. I have an IP starting with 169. I've tried ipconfig /release, renew. nothing. I've done run/msconfig deleting winsock and winsock2 with a restart hoping XP would would reinstall. I've tried to use LSPFix.exe, only removed registry keys, not install. I'm going crazy!! When I navigate to msinfo32/Components/Network/Protocol, there are only two sections instead of ten!!! How can i repair????

Winsock Problem Determination Procedure

You can determine if you have a winsock problem by doing the following.

Put in the windows XP CD and navigate to the support >Tools folder.
Double click setup and do a Complete install.
Click Start >run >cmd {enter}
Type netdiag /test:winsock /v {enter}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Reset the Winsock Registry Entries

Click Start >Run >regedit {enter}
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock and delete it; just below that, see HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2 and delete it
Exit Regedit and reboot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Reinstall TCP/IP

To do this you need a copy of nettcpip.inf. There is one on the Windows XP CD and there may be one on your hard drive at C:\WINDOWS\inf\nettcpip.inf. Note: To see the inf folder, open My Computer and go to the menu item Tools > Folder Options... > View > and choose Show hidden files and folders.

Right click "My Network Places" select Properties.
Right click the connection(s) and select Properties.
Click Install >Protocol >add >have disk.
Browse to the location of nettcpip.inf .
Select nettcpip.inf then click Open then OK then Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) then OK then Close
Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom