Help with Windows Media Player 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt93grad

Beta member
I'm trying to rip CDs to copy to an MP3 player (in the MP3 format). When it shows them in the Windows Media Player library they all have generic names (Track1, Unknown Artist, Unknown Album) and so on. But it's picking up the length. Why is it not picking up the actual names? I've tried more than one now. It used to work for me in the past. It must be something simple.

BTW, I can click on Find Album Info and it appears correctly. But when I click Finished, it still doesn't update the library.

Check options/rip music-file name button

I usually find that it doesn't work with custom CD or foreign albums. I will have to sometime manually edit the tag. You can highlight the entire song and edit the artist, album and genre, but the tracks you need to edit one by one.

More info

Yeah, I tried all that. I've tried "The Best of Everclear" and "Guns and Roses: Appetite for Destruction". Both are neither imports nor custom CDs. No matter what it won't recognize the track names in version. HOWEVER, I tried it with version 9 last night, and it picked up the track names right away. But of course, it would be nice to be able to use 10. What changed?

Somethings have changed, but getting album information hasn't. I would try and reinstall it, and except all the default setting, just keep clicking next. You may have missed something during the installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom