HELP! Windows 98SE Screen Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replikant

Baseband Member
I did something wrong & the gray margin at the bottom of my screen with "Start" abruptly doubled in height to 1", using up space. It also indicates the page i'm on & i don't want that either. How do i get back down? (Please explain in non-technical language). Thanks!

Just hold the right mouse button on the upper edge and scale it back down...

I think your talking about the task bar right?

Yes, i believe it's the task bar. However i followed your instruction & nothing happened - maybe i did it wrong?

Right click the taskbar > Toolbars > Make sure "Address" is not checked off.

Also, make sure "Lock the taskbar" is not checked off. Then try scaling it down like law said.

Put your mouse pointer on the top edge of the task bar and you'll see an up and down arrow, then just hold your right mouse button and drag it down to the size you want. :confused:

Maybe you have some sort of spyware that docks to your taskbar? I don't get the URL address bar being part of your taskbar. Iunno, get someone who knows what they're doing to look at it, seems pretty simple, from what you're explaining.

I got it, thank you! (The url was not part of the taskbar, just the name of the page, such as "Computer Techno...")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom