!HELP! Windows 7 And installation Of Battlefield 3 Issue

So, you mean to tell me, once he does this:

1.reboot computer
2. windows starts up screen is blank as expected
3. ctrl alt delete, start task manager wait a few seconds and try to excute a disk cleaning program c programs directory or other known installation path ?

He could do it like this and I have done it on emergency occasions and fix whatever it was preventing windows from starting up.
If he gets explorer running again after a successfull boot, me and you could have him get digital download of battlefield 3.
Don't care if its 32bit or 64bit, have him disable the antivirus and away he goes. ;)
If the update from origin comes back, have him block it and show us what the update is with a screenshot.

With that plan your knocking out 3 problems altogether.
Thats all I wanted you to see what I was talking about Carne.

Not sure how you got to the conclusion that explorer wasn't starting up at all (blank screen)? He said it works fine until he tries to access a drive.

Anyway...

@OP: try running a chkdsk /f /r on the C: drive.

Go to start > type in cmd > right click > Run as Administrator > type in the following:
chkdsk C:\ /f /r

Press Enter > it will say something about failing to lock the drive, and ask if you want to run it on next reboot > type Y and press Enter > reboot your computer and it should run the chkdsk

Back
Top Bottom