!HELP! Windows 7 And installation Of Battlefield 3 Issue

scott x1

Solid State Member
Hey There,

I am currently suffering with window's 7, i've never had this problem before.
The issue is when ever i try to install or open a disk via 'My Computer'
The 'My Computer' dialogue crashes, I also get "(Not Responding)"
All i'm trying to do is reinstall Battlefield 3 Due to the fact i had issues where I updated it through origin and when i went to 'Batllelog' It Said Update required so I clicked 'install update' then after many attempts at that and countless computer restarts it came up with 'you need to install Battlefield 3' So after a few more pc restarts the problem persists and I decided to uninstall and reinstall Battlefield 3
but now like I said 'my computer' dialogue crashes and does not respond.

Any suggestions Would Be Helpful
Many Thanks.

Hey There,

All i'm trying to do is reinstall Battlefield 3 Due to the fact i had issues where I updated it through origin and when i went to 'Batllelog' It Said Update required so I clicked 'install update' then after many attempts at that and countless computer restarts it came up with 'you need to install Battlefield 3' So after a few more pc restarts the problem persists and I decided to uninstall and reinstall Battlefield 3

Many Thanks.

Try doing this for me first, download ccleaner and defraggler and give your pc a good cleaning.
Next perform this after you have done a "complete uninstall of battlefield and start the original install".

1.Run with User Account Control (UAC) off.

2.Run Origin in Administrator mode.

3.Disable Firewall and Antivirus during installation.

Try that and see if battle field 3 does not excute for you, it would help if you use windows 7 classic and not aero when you game.
Help keeps the cache and processing flowing decently.

Hey There,

Many Thanks.

Does it do this when any other disc is in the drive? Is this just when you try to access your optical drive, or does it freeze when trying to open a hard drive or flash drive as well?

Try a different disc if it's just the optical drive, first.

If it still freezes up, try opening a command prompt (Start > type cmd > right click > run as Admin), and type in the following:

sfc /scannow

And press enter. Let it run, and see if it finds anything.

Does it do this when any other disc is in the drive? Is this just when you try to access your optical drive, or does it freeze when trying to open a hard drive or flash drive as well?

Try a different disc if it's just the optical drive, first.

If it still freezes up, try opening a command prompt (Start > type cmd > right click > run as Admin), and type in the following:

sfc /scannow

And press enter. Let it run, and see if it finds anything.

It Say's "Window's Resource protection did not find any integrity violations"
i did used ccleaner and it cleaned my computer then i used diskfragmenter and defraged both of my hard drives, but i let it run when and i got this error message
"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running. check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32bit) or x64 (64bit) version of the programme and then contact the soft ware publisher" so what do you think? :confused:

Assuming you used x64bit version of this game, lets try usin windows 7 x86 32bit version and see what happens.
Not every single program you get for x64bit needs to be in 64bit not unless it calls for it in the manufacturers note,

Many people have had this problem and from what I read in my office this morning it is fixable just need to find out whats wrong with it. ;)

Assuming you used x64bit version of this game, lets try usin windows 7 x86 32bit version and see what happens.
Not every single program you get for x64bit needs to be in 64bit not unless it calls for it in the manufacturers note,

Many people have had this problem and from what I read in my office this morning it is fixable just need to find out whats wrong with it. ;)

What do you mean?
My Current Operating system is Window's 7 Home Premium 64bit
I have installed it on the same system before and had no problems.
I don't understand what you mean? try it in 32bit, are you saying install my operating system again to 32bit? :AwMan:

There would have to be a 32bit installer.

You didn't really answer my other question from my previous post, btw.

Does this freeze the 'Computer' window when you go into any drive? (e.g. C:\ drive, or a flash drive, etc.), or does it only do it on your CD/DVD drive?

There would have to be a 32bit installer.

You didn't really answer my other question from my previous post, btw.

Does this freeze the 'Computer' window when you go into any drive? (e.g. C:\ drive, or a flash drive, etc.), or does it only do it on your CD/DVD drive?

Oh I'm Sorry, No only on that drive but it only does it when I put BF3 in.:Deskflip:

Back
Top Bottom