!HELP! Windows 7 And installation Of Battlefield 3 Issue

Do other discs work fine? Have you tried the BF3 disc in another computer? Maybe something is wrong with the disc.

I think he means try the game in 32-bit. But, that is like, irrelevant.

Battlefield 3 system requirements
Battlefield 3 is powered by the Frostbite 2.0 engine, which is based on the previous Frostbite 1.5, which powered Bad Company 2. The new engine brings a lot of visual improvements and a lot of optimizations as well. However, please note that Battlefield 3 won't support DirecX 9, meaning it won't run on Windows XP.
Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3
Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
Graphics card memory: 512 MB
Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM: 4GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.
Graphics card memory: 1 GB
Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Battlefield 3 system requirements - Battlefield 3
It can run in 32bit mode, all he would need to do is look for a digital download if the software developer allows him to do so.
Yes it will run like that as I have tried it.

Scott, have you tried repairing the game installation by chance ?
Start the uninstaller for the game when it ask what you want to do, tell it to repair it and reboot once its done.

If that still does not work, come back here and we'll get you the support number and email to EA.
:)

@Mike: it's not an issue with the game. It's an issue with Windows trying to read the disc. He said explorer freezes when the disc is in the drive, not w hen he's trying to run BF3.

Try doing this for me first, download ccleaner and defraggler and give your pc a good cleaning.
Next perform this after you have done a "complete uninstall of battlefield and start the original install".

1.Run with User Account Control (UAC) off.

2.Run Origin in Administrator mode.

3.Disable Firewall and Antivirus during installation.

Try that and see if battle field 3 does not excute for you, it would help if you use windows 7 classic and not aero when you game.
Help keeps the cache and processing flowing decently.

Also you might want to check DEP. If it's set for all programs it might be causing the issue. DEP= Data Execution Prevention. It helps to prevent virus's infecting system files. However it can be set to affect ALL files in the C:\ drive. I know Unity 3D has issues with it. There's a guide on microsofts website on DEP I will post a link if I can find it.

@Mike: it's not an issue with the game. It's an issue with Windows trying to read the disc. He said explorer freezes when the disc is in the drive, not w hen he's trying to run BF3.

If you look at his beginning statement its a matter of both game and os playing a problem here.
The battlefield 3 update started of all this to lead him to where we're at.
I know there is a issue with explorer, thats why I recommended he try rebooting and starting a disk cleaning tool.

Thanks luke I know what you mean by DEP so their isn't any need to explain it to me.
Thanks for your input and suggestions. :)

If you look at his beginning statement its a matter of both game and os playing a problem here.
The battlefield 3 update started of all this to lead him to where we're at.
I know there is a issue with explorer, thats why I recommended he try rebooting and starting a disk cleaning tool.

Thanks luke I know what you mean by DEP so their isn't any need to explain it to me.
Thanks for your input and suggestions. :)

He also stated that he already tried uninstalling / reinstalling BF3, so doing a repair wouldn't necessarily do anything as the game shouldn't affect explorer like it is.

He also stated that he already tried uninstalling / reinstalling BF3, so doing a repair wouldn't necessarily do anything as the game shouldn't affect explorer like it is.

So, you mean to tell me, once he does this:

1.reboot computer
2. windows starts up screen is blank as expected
3. ctrl alt delete, start task manager wait a few seconds and try to excute a disk cleaning program c programs directory or other known installation path ?

He could do it like this and I have done it on emergency occasions and fix whatever it was preventing windows from starting up.
If he gets explorer running again after a successfull boot, me and you could have him get digital download of battlefield 3.
Don't care if its 32bit or 64bit, have him disable the antivirus and away he goes. ;)
If the update from origin comes back, have him block it and show us what the update is with a screenshot.

With that plan your knocking out 3 problems altogether.
Thats all I wanted you to see what I was talking about Carne.

Back
Top Bottom