Help: When I turn on my computer, temp goes from 30-60 degrees C within one minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi everyone!

I desperately need help this time!

I turned on my computer tonight and after about one hour, it suddenly shut off.

Then when I tried to reboot several times, the temp guage shot up from 30 to 60 degrees C within one minute. Nothing shows on the screen as well. In other words, screen remains black as night with this computer, yet works fine with other computers. I also tried both video cards: the PCI card as well as the on board card.

I tried to turn on the computer several times, but I turned it off each time I saw the temp go above 60 C because I am afraid it may start another one of those famous California fires and burn down half of Sacramento. I am also afraid I will burn the heck out of my hand when I try to touch the cooling sink or bottom of the computer case.

All fans are working [CPU fan, front and back fans on case, as well as the fan on the video card].

Can anyone help me to trouble shoot this? I feel totally lost.

It is me, Freaked Out Freddy

PS please ignore my info at the bottom of this page. Here is my older computer system I am having trouble with right now:

Intel 805D, ECS P4M-900T-M?, XP ProSP2
Ultra Microfly Black Case,
Crucial DDR2 2GB 667MhZ
Infinity 600 ATX switching Power Supply
e-GeForce 5200 LE 256MB PCI-E,
MX IDE 300, MX IDE 100, Memorex DL DVD PL

Re: Help: When I turn on my computer, temp goes from 30-60 degrees C within one minut

Sounds like the heat sink is not mounted properly on the CPU. Which is causing the heat to stay on the CPU and not get drawn away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom