*HELP* Vista x64 Should I install? My specs incl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you there. I like Vista and I think too many people are just riding the old "Vista is buggy" train when in reality it has improved GREATLY since then. Not to mention, XP was hated and buggy until SP2 came and improved it by so much.

I've never personally used an SLI configured system with Vista yet, so I can't tell for sure, but I know it does work in at least some games with the regular Nvidia drivers. I know that some games don't do well in SLI, too, so it could be a tie-in somewhere. I have a feeling that at least most aspects of SLI has been vastly improved recently since I see so many Vista SLI rigs for sale on Ebay, and from other online custom builders like I mentioned.

But I would still say that for his system, he would be better off upgrading to one newer card as the 6600's are rather old.

Essentially your both correct.

When SLi drivers were finally first released i was tested 32bit Vista at the time, after a few issues and 1 update to the beta driver things ran very smoothly on my SLi. My rig worked well, and I was pleased with all games I played. Ran different profiles for different games and everything was great.

I only went back down to XP due to some older games that wouldnt run correctly on Vista.

Ill tell you guys what Ive ended up doing. (and so far, so good).
Ive taken a bit of Mak's advice, and a bit of a friends advice. And dropped SLi for now. Ive sold my 2 6600GT's and purchased a single Radion HD 4850.
Sold my dual's for 50$. And bought the 4850 for 150$. So essentially for 100$ Im blown away by the improvement. And im quite confident Vista should handle just fine. Plus i dont need to worry about potential SLi issues on 64bit.

Thanks again for help.

But I would still say that for his system, he would be better off upgrading to one newer card as the 6600's are rather old.

Your right, they are old. But dont knock em.
Those 6600gt's were awesome for me for quite a longgg time. But im very excited to put my new 4850 to the test :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom