HELP With Vista PLease

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
Hi,
Ive been running Vista for since it came out and ive just started having a problem...
I can switch my computer on fine and it gets to the user and password screen.
I enter my password the its says logging in for about a minute (a lot longer than usual) then after that it just goes to a black screen and i cant click on anything.
To write this i booted into safe mode.
Any ideas as to whats wrong?
Thanks

Does your vdeo card have two vga outputs? If you have the monitor plugged into the secondayr instead of primary that would be one problem that will come up. Other then that video drivers can easily be the source when the desktop can't be seen.

Has your video card come unseated from it slot on the mother board?

With a new DX10 ATI driven card here the 7.9 version of the catalyst and drivers were seeing one persistant error as well as seeing the screen go black once the desktop should have appeared. The ATI FaQ and troubleshooting section pointed out the vga port problem.

I ended up still seeing the same on XP when trying both ports until the 7.10 came out. For awhile it was Vista only with that being seen on XP. With the 7.10 the only problem seen now is the Start taskbar being transparent in the portions where there is no acitvity. That would be around the clock and any windows open while the Start button turns the same as the desktop. :confused: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom