Help with vista 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach Roter

Beta member
Ok i think im putting this in the right place im brand new here so im not sure any way i have a 64 bit vista computer, i tried to usb boot backtrack 3 on it the internet wont work so i wanted to get vista back i put the restore disk in and restarted it wont read the disk another proble with my computer is that it does not read disks i have no idea why well it reads warcraft 3 but thats it so anyway then i put the OS installation disk in and it wouldnt read that so now im stuck with backtrack 3 with no internet and no way to get back to vista i would download vista on another comp in my house and try to usb boot it but all the other comps in my house are macs so please help if you can

Is your PC set to boot from the CD first? Use the option to get into the BIOS setup and make sure that the CD is before the hard drive to boot.

When my computer starts up it says press f10 for boot options i press it and it goes to boot option i pick the cd/dvd rw drive and it still doesnt do anything

Are you sure that the Vista disk you have is bootable?

Ok so basiccally i start up the computer it says that windows has failed to startup then it says to put the installation disk in the drive and restart so i do that and the same thing happens it also gives me the options to start windows normally start like last succesfull boot and safe mode and all of its variations when i press one of those it says a very important file is missing and its the disk driver file

You should see a option come up that says:

"Press any key to boot from CD/DVD..."

If you do not see that then you are not booting from the Vista DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom