Help on turning my computer~!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss watermelon

Beta member
This mornin i turned on my computer and window xp professional started to load normally. Just before when i m suppose to see my desktop the the screen turned all black and it just froze. so i pressed the restart button and a message popped up

"we apologize for the inconvenience, but window did not start successfully. a recent hardware or software changed might have caused this.

if your computer stops responding, restart unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Consideration to revert to the most recent setting that worked.

if a previous start-up attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power or restart button was pressed, or if you arent sure what caused the problem, choose Start Window Normally."

there are 5 options to choose including Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Last Known Good Consideration & Start Window Normally"

I have first tried Start Window Normally but in the end the screen still turned black therefore I restarted again, and tried the other options and the same thing happened.

I have not recently installed any software or hardware so I do not know why this is happening. Please help!!!!!

So you tried all the options even last known good configuration right? What happens when you try to get into safemode?

yes i tried all option in the end the computer will just freeze with a black screen. when i try safemode. These words start comin up but then it gets freezed again once it reaches "window/system32/drivers/mup.sys" .

That is the last thing safemode loads, it usually takes a minute or two to load depending on your system. Let is sit there a few minutes to see if will eventually load. If not, reset your cmos battery, that dont work, try taking out all hardware except 1 stick of memory, 1 harddrive, and 1 video card and try to boot then.

umm im not really sure about those kind of stuff. all i know about the computer is how to use it! i have left left the computer to load in safe mode for about half an hour however it still stayed frozen. usually it takes less than 2 minutes to load it. i suspect a virus but im not sure. the last thing i did to the computer was just download a song from kazaa? i also sent this song to my friend but nothing happened to her computer. im really confused and dont know what to do.

sure.....

Open your case, look on your motherboard, on the right hand side, or on the bottom, look for a silver battery that looks similiar to a watch battery, pop it out easily with your finger nail, or something small, make sure your system is off and unplugged first, touch the case also before touching th mobo, pop the battery out, leave it out for a few minutes, reseat it, turn it back on, and see what happens.

lol thats sounds really pro ><" derno if i should do that cos i dont want to stuff it more. or should i just leave it for a computer techtian to fix this?

would you by any chance know why this problem happened?

Who knows, it could be a number of things. We just got to trouble shoot it. It's not really that hard, just take your time and you can do it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom