Help with some software please

Status
Not open for further replies.

d@v3

Beta member
hello everyone, im new to this forum, i decided to join because there seem to be a lot of people here who know what they're talking about.
i hope this post is in the right section, i thought windows + software would be the right one but if not im sorry.

so heres the problem. i recently downloaded some software (a program that is pretty much like xfire (for those of you that dont know, its an application that lets users keep track of what game servers other players are on etc.). however, after setup the application froze when i was signing up for a new account and when i ran it again the sign up button had disappeared. this led me to believe that the software came with some kind of security feature that prevented users from making multiple accounts (maybe creating a discrete reg entry or file somewhere which doesn't disappear when the application is re-installed.)

i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find out exactly which reg entries + files are created during the setup process, or if there are any obvious places to look for these files.

any help would be very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom