Help Reformatting HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSmoove

Solid State Member
Need help reformatting here.

Currently my system is FAT32. And its split into 2 drives (C: which is my main and D:)

Now I just reformatted my computer, but I cannot figure out how to allocate the space from my D drive. I want everything in 1 partition. My HD is 80gb and im using Win XP. I formatted both partitions, then reinstalled windows(thinking windows would convert the unallocated space into 1 partition, but it did not). The only options i get is to convert the space into a partition. But i wont to merge both partitions into 1 partition. Even after Deleting my 2nd partition(D:) i cant seem to figure a way to merge that unallocated space into my main Partition(C:)

Also, can anyone tell me how to get into BIOS?

I also seem to get the BSoD while installing windows. This was the whole reason behind formatting my computer. And it still happens during installation. I FINALLY got it to work without an error, but it seems they have started once again.

The error always shows up just after hitting "Enter" to start the formatting proccess(the blue screen where it asks if i would like to continue with the windows setup, to press Enter, or Press "R" to run system Repair etc..)

The error is usually IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but sometimes i get these

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
BAD_POOL_CALLER
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

And sometimes no specific error message at all.

ok i was able to delete both partitions and make 1. But im still getting the BSoD so if anyone can help with this, feel free :)

I get this error now during the format process

what devices do you have installed when you try to format? I once put a machine together that (for some reason) wouldn't format with all the devices installed.

I keep getting a BAD_POOL_CALLER

I reformatted it with only the CD-ROM and the video card installed. Everything else I took out and it finally worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom