! HELP ! PLEASE ! HELP !

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott x1

Solid State Member
Hello,

My Little Cousin was recently playing around with my computer, and he deleted Some Installed Files of my Hard drive "c:" the software he has deleted was Sims 3 but the programme is apparently still installed according to the windows programme list, So I tried to uninstall it but I get this error code "-5005 : 0x8000ffff" and it wont let me uninstall it, So I did a bit of research on the matter and the answer everyone kept giving me was try to reinstall it and then uninstall it, But When I do that I get this error

The setup Has detected that version 1.00.632 of the sims 3 is already installed.

This setup installs an earlier version of the sims 3 (1.0.631)

You will have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version.

I lost the disc ages ago so unfortunately I had to Download An ISO file. if anyone could shed some light on the matter I would most appreciate it, I was considering reinstalling windows 7 and formatting my hard drive, but i have the disk but lost my product key so that isn't really an option for me.....

Many Thanks
Scott X1

This error message was displayed because the previous installation was not done properly. Download a software called revo uninstaller this software will scan and delete the left over files and completely delete from your system. Now again install your software freshly. I think this works and worked for many cases.

This error message was displayed because the previous installation was not done properly. Download a software called revo uninstaller this software will scan and delete the left over files and completely delete from your system. Now again install your software freshly. I think this works and worked for many cases.

Hey, I have tried that, But it comes back with the same error message. What else can I do?
Thanks For Your Reply Scott x1

If you can see the uninstaller in programs and features/add remove programs in control panel, then do as brettbaynaard suggested and use Revo Uninstaller to remove any leftovers
You can use the freebie version
Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

I have tried that already, but I get the same error code, But there are not files at all on either of my hard drives. :s Thanks For Your Reply Scott x1

You should click "next" in Revo and it will locate all registry and program files related to the program your trying to remove, then it will give you the option to remove all the registry and program files it finds . Revo is made for software that will not uninstall from it's own uninstaller for whatever reasons.
I normally do not recommend ripping out software with Revo except in cases where all else fails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom