Help Please About Extracting!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
I need help badly...
I just downloaded a 800Mb file with the name NAME.zip.rar so when I try to extract it with WinRAR, it says unknown format and No Archieves found.

Is there a program that will open this file? Please and thank you!

MicroBell said:
As it's a .RAR file extention...Winrar opens it. Make sure your useing the latest version of winrar. It may be the files corrupt or your version is old.

I don't know what this file is...but some people will change the file name depending on it's content.....meaning....delete the .RAR off the file name and try opening it as just a zip file.

I just added ".rar" to the end of one of my zip files and it opened it with no problems so I don't think getting rid of the .rar would change anything although you could try. If it doesent work, I would get rid of ".zip.rar" an replace it with anything else that would possibly work (.exe, .bin, .iso...)

try to open it with winACE or winZIP. it is definately not an RAR file. winRAR is smart enough to scan the file for any format it supports. same with winace. . . .oh i just understood your problem. . . look at the filesize. . . i think you have either a BIN file or a ISO file.

use winISO to check it out, there are some other programs to deal with BIN and ISO. if that doesn't work i am still convinced you have some kind of CD image

it's rar...i can't delete the .rar extension from it though. I will try winace, and no it does not open...it says No Archieve when I right click to extract files and when i double click it, it says "Either its an unknown format or files are corrupt" ... i sure hope it aint files are corrput cuz ive waited days for this :(

what do you mean you can't delete the extension? does it even have an extension? look at the icon picture what do you see? you must uncheck 'hide known file extensions'. what is this file supposed to be? game/ program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom