Help Please With This

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbubble

Baseband Member
OK i have a bit of a problem.

I was trying to backup all of my files and my documents to one folder so that I could format my computer. I was moving files and I moved many in documents and settings folder.

Now what I've discovered is that any program for example firefox doesn't have any of my bookmarks and my personal settings. It says this is the first time I use firefox...Same with other programs

Please help anyone if you can

The bookmarks from firefox are not stored in you documents and settings folder. Ther are stored in a hidden folder. It is within the Doc and Setting folder but if you didnt unhide the folder originally and then move it you lost them.

They are located under C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles. But make sure the folders are unhidden. If you already did your format you lost them.

I didn't format anything. I was getting ready to format i started uninstalling programs and moving documents and stuff like that from documents and settings folder. I'm talking about alot of programs not just firefox. Many other programs don't have my personal settings

It all depends on what applications you are using if you can just transfer the profiles or not. But most of those are gonna be hidden in the folder i mentioned above.

C:\Doc & Sett\UserName\Local\App Data is where they would be stored. But soem profiles like for CS2 cant be transfered. They will say profile is corrupt. So you have to be careful with trying to move all of you profile over to the fresh format.

Depending on why you are formatting re-instating these profiles could corrupt your system. If that is what caused it to get corrupted in the first place.

I wouldn't say corrupted. It just doesn't have bookmarks, in ventrilo doesn't have server names and just all settings i've saved in different programs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom