HELP please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake11

Beta member
I had a pc for my daughters that has Windows XP on it but it's rapidly dying.

I just purchased another cheapie used PC (slightly better) but it doesn't have Windows XP on it.

I understand that since it's been over 120 days that I can uninstall XP from the one and install it on the other but...

Will I lose all the info on the newer PC? I've already saved some pictures and stuff and don't want to lose it.

Please help, I'm trying to learn but I'm a tech idiot.

When you install Windows XP on a newer computer, there is an option to upgrade, which will keep all your old settings and preferences. However, it keeps spyware and viruses that may have been with the computer.

So there is a catch to it...

We've run a few spyware removal programs and we use black ice and it hasn't shown any viruses.

Hopefully we're clean.

But I won't lose any pictures that I've saved onto the new pc if I install Windows XP?

Not if you choose the upgrade option, UNLESS, it crashes, which is possible. If you have more that one computer there, and you have a network, move the files from one computer to the other.

It's a windows xp home disc. I'm not sure if it's an upgrade or something else. I don't see the words upgrade on it.

Will this erase everything on the drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom