[HELP]Photoshop, Hitachi, and Color Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.

Solid State Member
I'm guessing none of you remember, but I posted a thread in the multimedia section regarding monitors. I purchased one, sent it back, and this is now my second purchase. Unfortunately, I am having problems once again and I need help from people who use Adobe Photoshop and/or a Hitachi monitor. My problem is this:
After installing my new monitor, I found that windows automatically started using a .inf color profile for the color temp that I had scelected (9300K). When I opened up photoshop, I found that grayscale colors were tinted blue and red, showing stripes on gradients and distorting the colors of all images opened in photoshop. I scelected the same .inf file for RGB color that windows was using for photoshop's color settings, but the problem remains (images were also RGB). I messed around with settings and profiles for a half hour at a time, and after about 2 hours total, I'm asking for help. What do I do to get my colors to display correctly in photoshop, the way that they do in other windows programs?
Specs:
Geforce4 ti4600 (Detonator 4.4.0.3 drivers), 23bit color, Windows XP Pro (SP1), Hitachi CM721FB monitor, newest adobe .inf's and factory shipped Hitatchi .inf's, Photoshop7.0

EDIT: outside of photoshop ::in photoshop

I hate to have to resort to uninstalling PS. Since its an Adobe program it uses files from 3 or 4 places outside of the main directory :/ I don't quite remember where they all are, all that I remember is that if you don't get all of them it wont uninstall fully :(

hmm,...you don't really have to look for those files,..just uninstall the main program,..which is photoshop,..then reinstall it,..i have exactly 6 adobe programs,..and so far i've managed to uninstall and reinstall photoshop without a problem.

have you tried adjusting the settings in the "proof setup"?

I should have been more clear, its actually a WinXP thing. Since I have multiple users on this coputer, Adobe programs move shared files under the documents for eacu user for use by other Adobe programs. Since I don't have any other programs using the files in the Photoshop section, they need to be deleted because the uninstaller will not delete them and the installer will not overwrite them. The last I tried to uninstall PS it took me two installs to figure out what was keeping it from installing cleanly. I did mess with all of the settings, so I'm going to do what I should have done before: reinstall.

EDIT: unfortunately, reinstalling did not help :(

Bump^

Update: Turning off color proofing and color management in photoshop does not seem to affect it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom