HELP: PC does not start after C: drive format

Status
Not open for further replies.

HermesPanduck

Beta member
One day, I turned on my PC and and error message came up saying: "(File) missing, you need to re-install Windows"

I tried doing that, but it kept saying that this version of Windows only runs on MS DOS 8.00

I then Formatted the hard drive to start over again. Now, when I turn on the computer, it just gives a whirring noise and a blank screen. I've tried inserting various boot disks to start the PC, but nothing happens.

Any help is appreciated.

Specs: P3 500Mhz, Windows 98SE, 12 GB HDD.

if you have any important files back them up to another storage device before preceeding (floppies, slave hard disk to another computer to copy files to another hard disk, ect).

after you formatted di you install the operating system back onto the computer? if you have no operating system you computer will not run any software. formatting deletes data on a drive. more info:

http://www.evozero.gamma.timdorr.com/computer-guides/basic_disks.htm

I found out why it didnt start: the mouse was faulty! With the mouse plugged in, the computer didnt boot; i took it out, and it worked again!

Has anyone else experienced this before?

I've experinced "similar" situations where it would cause the PC not to boot cause of a faulty hardware piece. I had a bad keyboard that would not allow my workstation to boot up..I replaced it and it worked like a charm..it really sucked cause I tried all kinds of things except the easy ....hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom