Help, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Status
Not open for further replies.

35th GT

Solid State Member
I have a very top of the line(a few years ago) lol, custom built tower with an amd athlon prossesor, and all the goodies. The other day i was messing around and installing Real One Player and it didnt work, so i go to restart and it doesnt load windows. I get a windows didnt load sucessfully screens and everyoption i choose freezes when it lists the drivers its loading, except when i go to load windows normally, it starts loading and all of the sudden it just restarts the whole computer. Today i changed the bios to boot from the cd and put in the win XP cd to repair the install. It acts like its working then the blue screen hit reading things such as: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

STOP: 0x00000050 (0xc40c0000, 0x00000000, 0x8081b123, 0x00000000)

if someone could please help me with this, i know my way around computer too well at times but this is a new one for me and if all else fails i need an easy way to format this 200GB monstrosity, but i will loose everything thats on it:angry: Thanks

Also ripped the HD out and put it in my other AMD and it freezes the startup on the HD that is currently installed on it

How often does this happen? Is it a "show stopper"? If you can get Windows to run, even if just in safe mode, trying running scandisk and defrag, and clear your cache.

If you believe it's hosed as a master drive, slave it. Usually fatal errors can be bypassed when you slave a faulty drive to a good one.

Hmmm, i know i claimed to have a lot of computer knowlege but that info just put me in the dark a little. Explain a little more please.;)

Had this problem myself a while back (about 2 years....) so try this (presuming its not a faulty HDD).

Disconnect the power supply to the HDD and swap it for another (from say a CD or DVD drive).

My guess is your psu (or a power channel) is on its way out and no longer has the oomph to supply the HDD as they take a lot of power, especially at spin up (the bigger they are....more platters, speed etc = more power required).

HTH

No safe mode will not work, nothing works, but ill try the other sugestions and see. Thanks

No safe mode will not work, nothing works, but ill try the other sugestions and see. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom