Help With Outlook Express (Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuk

Beta member
Hi, my mom uses Outlook Express, and recently we got a new PC. Our old computer's motherboard short circuited, so I have the hard drive hooked up to another computer via the Backup Star hardware (basically turns internal hard drive into external hard drive).

What I have to do is get into Outlook Express and export all the files (her emails, folder settings, etc.) into a file so I can transfer. However, I opened Outlook Express in the hard drive, but on my computer, and it tells me to set up a new user ID. I am panicking right now, because I need to somehow get all my mom's settings up on my computer.

The good news is that the hard drive is the exact same hard drive used on the old computer. So there's gotta be some way to get all her emails and folders to show. Please I need help, my mom will go crazy if all her emails are gone!

all of the emails and folders are stored at:

C:\Documents and Settings\UR_USER_NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\REGISTRY VALUE\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Copy all the .dbx files and paste them into the same location on your new hard drive

Then open Outlook Express and it should show all your folders with the emails in

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom