Help with Outlook 2000 Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

htcs

In Runtime
Ok... here's the dillio...

At the office, the receptionist will create a new contact and then email the contact info (as an attachment) to all the people who need it. This is how they update their own contact lists.

This one person in particular has 1800 contacts for his business contacts. Usually when creating a new email, you enter the contacts first name, last name, or company name and then Outlook auto-completes the name (in the To field) or if you hit the check names button it gives you other options.

Well, in this case, none of this is happening - at least not for all contacts. Some work and others don't. I haven't been able to determine any pattern or reason as to why some would work and others not.

I've changed the order in which outlook looks for contacts in the Options of teh Address Book - still no change.

Any suggestions that anyone can provide?

Are all the contacts filed with a nickname or something that is easily searchable? If they are then maybe update Office to 2003 and see if that sorts it out. Also check to make sure you have the latest SP for Office.

Other than that i dont knwo. Maybe try to eliminate a few contacts as the search probably gets frozen trying to search 1800 contacts.

I belive the file that stores the rememberd contacts is located at
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.NK2

I think there may be a size limit though.

little something i sent to my users after upgrading to 2003

Outlook 2002 and 2003 support Autocomplete. When you send a new message or reply to one, the address is remembered by Outlook and the next time you send a message to that person, you can type just a few letters and it completes for you.

Occasionally, you'll have a bad address in the cache or just have addresses in the list you don't want saved and will want to remove them from the cache. To remove just one address use the arrow keys to select the address and press the Delete key.

IÂ’ve noticed that you can start typing either the email address or the personÂ’s name, only if the person is in your contact list. For example, when I added Conni I typed cs in the to: field, selected her name, and pressed enter. Since she is also in my contact list I could have typed Conni and pressed enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom