HELP: Optimize Vista Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

eoLithic

Baseband Member
Hello, I recently bought a laptop from TigerDirect. I didn't really need it but I couldn't pass it up for the price. Here is a link to the laptop HP 530 Notebook PC - Intel Centrino Core Duo T2050 1.60GHz, 802.11bg Wireless, 1GB DDR2, 120GB HDD, Dual Layer DVD RW, 15.4" WXGA, Windows Vista Business GN805AA#ABA at TigerDirect.com

Anyway I paid $350 for this laptop which seemed to be a good deal. I upgraded the memory to 2GB and also purchased a 4GB flash drive. I was wondering what else I could do to improve the performance of this laptop. I am new to vista but I know there has to be a huge list of things I can disable. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'm guessing for the price, the computer came loaded with a ton of crapware. If you have the recovery cds, the first thing I would do is wipe the system out and start from blank. Of course, if you do not have nagging software, then you obviously don't want to do that.

If you aren't attached to the "cool" effects of Vista, then disable as many as you can.

SweetCare Service & Support | Sweetwater.com

^ I also found this on another forum. Since I do not run Vista yet, or plan on it anytime soon, I'm not sure exactly what a lot of problems are first hand. But I'm sure this guy does :)

Hope I helped

~snake~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom