help a newbie plz...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigg_dogg44

Solid State Member
I have 2 HDD 160 gig each and had them set up in riad 0. i have another 30 gig installed as a back up for junk, downloads and such. The raided HDD's were getting crapped up and its been over a year so i formatted the raided HDD's. Have windows loaded on the 30 gig as a back up for such a problem:

After formatting then running fdisk, no other drives will show up on the fdisk. only the 30 gig. i want to reinstall XP home on the raided drives but when i try and load.........no other drives but the 30 gig.

I had someone do the raid for me but that person is not in the area to help. Can someone post here or email me with help?

bigg_dogg44@yahoo.com

much thanks in advance

thats just it Damalii, the raid is set up and the contollers r showing up on the 30 gig HDD! Bios shows i- 30 gig maxtor and 1- raid 0..............kinda lost on this one.

hmm.. well i'm never very raid knowledgable, but someone will come on tonight I'm sure and be able to help you..

looks like you're using XP's RAID, which is not very reliable
you will want to use a hardware controlled RAID. if your motherboard doesn't already have a RAID controller, you will have to get a PCI card with one

not sure if this will work in home XP, but in 2k server and XP pro (I think) you can go into drive manager, remove the volume, scan for HDD and reinstall the mounted volume.

mobo has raid, asus P4P800 pro.................bios shows the maxtor 30 gig and the "via raid o"...... need to fdisk and reinstall HDD's that r raided but none show up when i fdisk but the 30 gig maxtor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom