Help new laptop is truly wrecked

DarkNation

Beta member
bought new laptop few days ago its hp dv6 and went to factory reset via the recovery partition, it stuffed up few times during instlallation and got few blue screens and was stuck on formatting so i formatted laptop to win xp to burn myself a Windows 7 installer into disc so i did and tried installing via disc but same thing happened it still didnt work, after the format completes i get an error straight after the hp logo saying

Windows boot manager

File: \boot\BCD
info: an error occured while attempting to read boot configuration data.

and something like insert os disc and click repair

so i was able to fix this via cmd prompt
so then after i fixed that error now im gettin another error saying

file: \window\system32\config is missing or corrupt

the laptop doesnt go beyond the error im just stuck on viewing the error and iv even used my os repair disc and it didnt do help. im able to install xp without a problem but not Windows 7 i know iv definitely got registry problems.

Reading through your post again, its hard to tell if your saying that your having this problem when you try to format the disk, or that this is happening after a successful format when you're trying to install windows 7. Also, is this a genuine windows 7 image you burned, or some "cracked" version from a torrent website?

I'm having similar boot problems with my own install of windows 7. Difference is, mine was working before now (I suspect a windows update was the cause), and mine gets through to the "starting windows" screen before failing. So I'll try to give suggestions as they develop.

Back
Top Bottom