help with new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjomaski

Beta member
hi guys my first post. i have 2 comoputers a 2 yr old apple imac with 1 ghz 256 ram and a 1 week old dell laptop with 1.4 ghz and also 256 ram. i did a couple tests and here is my question. on startup when i first push the power button , to get to my homepage of yahoo it takes the new dell aprox 2 min 30 sec. the older mac takes about 1 min and 10 sec. to shut down with no programs running it takes the dell 35 sec and the apple 10 sec. is this the way it should be i thought the new laptop would be faster not 2-3 times as slow. i also noticed in the last 2 yrs whenever i use internet explorer on the apple instead of safari or netscape it seems to shut down unexpectadely. i am not here to bash ie i am just asking if this is normal or if i can speed it up. thanks in advance for your replies

how manyicons do you see running on the dell next to the time? give me a total and then go to start, run, type msconfig, go to startup and tell me if all those are check marked.

thank you i saw what was starting up and i eliminated most of the unwanted programs . it is now fine thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom