help! my windows wont load on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to comment on iron crosse's statement, bios settings r stored on a PROM chip on the mother board and formatting the HDD isnt going to reset those (what a pain in the a** if isnt even gonna fix it) if the bios is the culprit but since that was the last thing installed and having a messed up bios will definitely cause a no boot situation, i would flash the old bios back in (perhaps u got the wrong update or someone messed up and its not compatible with ur mobo, regardless put it back the way it was when it was working correctly) reset all the bios setting to default and auto detect everything and tweak everything back so it all works rite.
it could always b a hardware problem too. such as the HDD or memory or something decided to crap out at the same time u updated, unlikely but possible.

getting back to the older bios version is the best way around... try flashing it back to the older version.... i'm sure you have the disk that you backed up with the BIOS settings before loading the upgrade for BIOS.

If the motherboard is newer you might be able to clear the bios with a jumper pin on the motherboard and it will reset.You need to unplug the computer first then look in your motherboard book and find which pin it is.Change the jumper and then change it back and your bios will be restored.Not all motherboards have this option but most newer ones do. Good luck Pat S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom