help my computer not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznskater51

Baseband Member
well i bought this new proccessor (intel) and put it into my comp replacing the proccessor and the computer would not start up with the new proccesor later finding out that it was fried, so obviously i put back in the proccessor that originally belonged to the computer and when i booted it up the screen was not showing up just blank. I could not figure out why it was doing this because the computer was working just fine before i put in the fried proccessor, and when i boot up the computer i here the hardrive start up as well as the fans and cd-roms. if anyone can help me it would be really appreciated.

The processor could have damged the motherboard.

Unattach everything but CPU, RAM and Video card, Clear CMOS, then try booting. If you still get no response, then take out RAM, you should get Beeps next time you boot indicating no RAM. IF there are no beeps then your motherboard is probably toast and your SHould RMA/Replace it.

What was the previous processor?

i tried that and yes i do get beeps alerting no ram being deteced and the previous proccessor was a celeron D 2.9

Ok, try only 1 Stick of Memory at a time. Then reboot.

However, I fear it will result the same with both sticks.

Be prepared to RMA this motherboard if our attempts fail.

aznskater51 said:
well i bought this new proccessor (intel) and put it into my comp replacing the proccessor and the computer would not start up with the new proccesor later finding out that it was fried, so obviously i put back in the proccessor that originally belonged to the computer and when i booted it up the screen was not showing up just blank. I could not figure out why it was doing this because the computer was working just fine before i put in the fried proccessor, and when i boot up the computer i here the hardrive start up as well as the fans and cd-roms. if anyone can help me it would be really appreciated.

do you have the cpy seated properly? I've seen people put in the cpu, pull down the lever that closes the pins securely, and then put the fan on and then when they took the fan off, the cpu was attached to the fan without lifting the lever up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom