Help- my compt is messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3bz26

Solid State Member
My sister deleted some important files from "programe files". I managed to recover some from the norton protected recycle bin but there are still a number of errors on the computer. How do i set my computer back to the day before the files were deleted. Some of the errors has caused my computer to crash everytime i put a cd into the cd or dvd drive.

Grab your Windows XP or other operating system CD and run from BIOS the "Repair" option. This will restore all essential Windows files without deleting any personal data. I have only done this using Windows XP Pro and I don't know if this option is supported by other operating systems.

Dude quit posting the same question in 4 different forum sections. I already replied to the one in the Network section, though your question has nothing to do with networking.

I guess he was afraid his question wouldnt get answered if it was only posted once, this way he can get network advise on why his sister cant use a computer and get personal advise on how not to use a forum at the same time. It was a win win situation :)

Thanks thirty. W105 - I told you I was desperate thats why I posted the message 4 times. Your obviously too dumb to work out that it will increase the number of replies to my query. Even though networking was not related to the topic I still had sound advice in that particular forum- including 1 by yourself. By the way I'm female.

what are the errors you get? usually if you've already got the dll files back in, should be fine. guess you could use system restore point to make sure the registry isn't screwed. but the EXACT errors would help ;)

oh, and also when it crashes with the cd drive is it ONLY when you put it in? or will it start but be unstable? will it not start but crash when going into my computer? can u get to my computer but it will cash when browsing the cd drive? if it locks when inserting cd, is it on all cd's or does it happen with only musics cd? only data cd? or when you put in a blank cd to burn? test all of that to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom