Help! The Most Ugly File Tree to Ever Be

Status
Not open for further replies.

pretzelguy1

Beta member
So a while back I accidentally deleted my downloads folder thingy and now whenever I open it I get this:
tumblr_m37snzMF711r91anio1_400.png

While it may not seem bad to some of you I find it extremely fugly and distracting. All help is appreciated!

That's how it's supposed to look... At least, that's how it's always looked for me...
No, when you click "Downloads" it just highlights the downloads icon. I had deleted and then recovered the downloads folder and now it opens up the file tree.

It is cause you deleted the file location. Now it resorts to the tree to show the location instead of the previous stated view. If you would not have deleted the folder, you would not have caused this. The only way you can now fix it is by reassociating your tree location with the downloads folder within Windows Explorer. Or use a Restore Point. Never delete "icons" as they are actual locations and will cause you these types of issues. Just remove them from that pane.

It is cause you deleted the file location. Now it resorts to the tree to show the location instead of the previous stated view. If you would not have deleted the folder, you would not have caused this. The only way you can now fix it is by reassociating your tree location with the downloads folder within Windows Explorer. Or use a Restore Point. Never delete "icons" as they are actual locations and will cause you these types of issues. Just remove them from that pane.
How would one go about reassociating their file tree location with the downloads folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom