Help me uninstall windows one care live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldon

Solid State Member
Ok I am a Looooong time viewer of this site but finally registered because I have a problem...

I downloaded that Windows OneCare Live last night, it will not start when I try to start it, it just says it cannot continue try restarting and contact tech support if that doesnt work...

Anyways many restarts it doesn't work and ALSO it will not let me log onto msn messenger anymore, I get an error SO I figured I would just uninstall it right?

So I go into the control panel, add remove, then try to remove it and then I get "An error occurred during uninstall 0x80040111" and "Unknown problems might have prevented Windows OneCare from uninstalling completely. Please contact Help Center"

SO it will not uninstall... is there any other way to get that stupid thing off of my computer??

Thank you!

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_remove_windows_onecare.html

Start --> Run, type MSCONFIG and hit Enter.

Click on the Startup tab. Uncheck all the programs that seem to be related to OneCare Live. Uncheck all spyware and malware programs also. Save the changes.

Restart your computer

If these steps do not resolve your problem, try this instead: Start --> Run, type SERVICES.MSC and hit Enter.

Stop and set to Manual or Disable all services you don't need. See Services Guide for Windows XP for a handy reference on what you can and cannot disable here.

One more step: Start --> Run, type REGEDIT and hit Enter.

Then in Registry Editor click Edit --> Find and search for all words related to OneCare Live, then delete all matching keys.

Now you can delete the OneCare files from your hard drive manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom