help me stop my brother - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2006, 09:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

I believe that some anti-spyware can be run by remote. I believe that Ad Ware SE might be able to do this. You also probably need an active Anti-Adware scanner that will block his download of spyware. Also look into the firewall you can most likely stop the spyware at the firewall.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master Techie

are you sure his account is a user and not a power user? There is a huge difference in access rights, so you might want to check. Even if you don't have the Policies that Pro does, you can still apply registy based policies, poledit.exe from NT4 days, that will work. Also, doing things like disabling Registry access will help. You just need to leave a back door for your self. ie, only apply the setting to the accounts you want to do it to. meaning you need to load their registry profile and change it there. Also, by removing things like cscript.exe and wscript.exe from the system, you will be a little safer.

Good luck.

Old 06-15-2006, 07:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to Lee05162004 Send a message via Yahoo to Lee05162004

Originally posted by Warez Monster
All I gotta say is gpedit.msc
I don't think that works in XP Home but you can try this. Go to Start>Run and type "control userpasswords2" and see if that works. It should give you options to edit users on your computer.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

that douges security thign is kinda wot im looking for i just dont knwo hwo to set my brothers accoutn with them settings and not anyone elses
Old 06-16-2006, 09:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

i had to get a licsnesed copy of the dougs thign and its works fine thanks for the help exactly what i needed

Closed Thread