HELP ME PLZ!!winxp reboot at load scrn after repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie7823

Baseband Member
im working on someones computer and it had several minor problems on it so i repaired it using my cd. after the repair was done it went to xp loading and restarted itself. over and over again. This is a very important persons computer with very valuable info on it and they said absolutely no reformat. plz help

I have done tried safe mode it says cant continue with windows installation in safemode. and restarts. PLZ HELP

please help me

If anyone knows a fix for this plz help me i have to have this computer returned tomorrow morning to the owner and its 100 times worse now than when i first got it. It is a business computer with quickbooks and everything on it. If you have any ideas whatso ever plz help me!!!

THANK YOU

the computer im working on doesnt have a floppy drive...
and im almost positive i made a reg backup....
if so...
i can make a dos cdrom
locate the reg bckup
rename the windows folder windows.bk
and reinstall windows to a new windows folder.
get it up and going and run the reg backup?

what you think?

Yelling at me won't help at all. One last try - I cannot imagine that you haven't tried System Restore.

@figero- if he cant get into Windows a system restore wouldnt help.

@jamie7823-It sounds as if the fix didnt work. The only thing i can suggest is to try and repair the XP install. Again. Since it only replaces the XP files it shouldnt hurt it to try again. Since it only reboots that just tells me that the original repair didnt fully finish or didnt take correctly.

jamie7823 said:
she told me she could have reformatted it herself. She wanted it fixed like it was....

sometimes things just cant be fixed like like they were. If you download knoppix, save all of her files that she needs, just wipe it out and start fresh. She will like it much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom