Help Me Please with Vista Installation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your best option is a clean install
Back up everything you want to keep, format you HD, then set to boot from disc with Vista in your drive, should be plain sailing from there...

thanks tim , i have tried a clean install from an empty hdd but it always rolls me back to xp by default -.- , any suggestions??

thanks , VXP

if i have misunderstood you , please could u explain in steps how to set boot from disc?

It can't roll you back to XP if you have formatted your drive because there wouldn't be XP to roll back to.

ahh i have mis-said it , it tries to install over XP Pro but then fails and returns to XP Pro

HELP STILL NEEDED PLEASE

Then dont try to install over XP.

Installing Windows Vista - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

There are guides all over the internet to install Vista just like this one which give you in depth information.

If you want to save your XP install you are doing it wrong. If you want to save just your personal data you need to backup.

IT sounds as if you are trying to use a OEM install disk to upgrade which is not possible. Which is why you are getting these errors.

thanks for your earlier comments , i jus had a thought , if i had a Non-OEM Dvd of Vista Ultimate and done a clean install , should the install run with no problems?

thanks , VXP

Even a OEM DVD can do a full fresh install. You just have to format in the process which is explained in the link i gave. From what it sounds like you are not doing that step and it is trying to upgrade with a DVD that cant do upgrades. Which is why you are getting the rollback issue that you are.

Read thru that Wiki article. It explains it all.

BSOD on Vista Ultimate (Completing Installation....)

hello all ,i have been trying and trying for days to install Windows Vista Ultimate but i always get this kind of error when it gets to the completing installation stage... :

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: abcd0001nk7.jpg

please can someone help me with this , i currently have my PC with no OS and im on my friends pc writing this

thanks in advance

VXP

THIS IS BEING DONE AS A CLEAN INSTALL , AND I HAVE ALSO PREVIOUSLY USED THE MS VISTA UPGRADE ADVISOR AND EVERYTHING WAS GREEN TICKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom