Help Me Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

leoneire

Solid State Member
Hi
I downloaded Real Player Gold and now when i open up "MY Music" and click on a song that i want to listin too! It opens up in RealPlayer but i want it to open up with Windows Media Player!
How do i fix this simple problem???????
IM so stupid i know....

You aren't stupid. This normally happens whenever you get a new media player (of any kind). Anywho, what Windows may or may not ask you is if you want to make it your new "default media player" for all your files. Real Player probably didn't do that, so what you can do is, find a file you would like to open in Windows Media Player, right-click on it, select "open with," and choose WMP from a list and make sure you check a box that says "open all files of this type with this program" or something like that. What that will do is open all (i.e. MP3s) with WMP. That should do it.

what operating system do you use?
if you have Windows 2000 or XP you can right click, go to properties, and where it has "opens with" go to browse and click on Windows Media Player, click ok, then apply, then ok.

leoneire,

Don't be so hard on yourself what happened wasn't your fault, it is Real Player who changed all of those settings.

Here is a quick way for you to make Windows Media Player your default player on certain files.

All you have to do is open up WMP.

Click on Tools > Options and you will see a bunch of tabs.

Click on File Type and you will see a list of different media types. Just checkmark the ones that you want WMP to open up by default then click ok and your done.

I included a screen shot of the property page for your benefit.

Attachments

• wmp file type.zip
    51.4 KB · Views: 1
Thanx lads...problem fixed!
Ive been alway's wondering how to fix that! I went with HoloCrons option! Nice one man....u sure are a ultra techie :)
Thanx to to the other lads who helped me...
Leon (North Ireland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom