Help me eliminate some confusion between MS Office and Openoffice compatibility... - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 02:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jayce

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler1989
MS Office = god
Open/Star Office = 10 times more resource hog/bad
I noticed no difference...

Plus, unless you'd like to find me a key that works (tried dozens) I'm going to have to stick to the freebie version. <3

Old 11-19-2005, 02:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Well I suggest you look at the recent benchmarks for Office ver2 and stay legal.

Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 11-19-2005, 02:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler1989
Well I suggest you look at the recent benchmarks for Office ver2 and stay legal.
Hell, I have a valid copy of MS Office 2K3. But for some reason, that key doesn't work.

I have no idea why it doesn't work....

And Rock XP doesn't even realize that Office 2K3 is installed on the Dell. I don't care what anybody says, it does not recognize it.... I don't know why.....
Old 11-19-2005, 06:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jayce
What's no ASPI adapter available mean?
here unzip this and follow the instructions. click on the free version to download the file

http://rapidshare.de/files/7876071/N...or_XP.zip.html
Old 11-19-2005, 06:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jayce
Hell, I have a valid copy of MS Office 2K3. But for some reason, that key doesn't work.

I have no idea why it doesn't work....

And Rock XP doesn't even realize that Office 2K3 is installed on the Dell. I don't care what anybody says, it does not recognize it.... I don't know why.....
you might have microsoft works on the dell.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

here is another option

http://www.software602.com/products/pcs/

602PC SUITE uses the same document formats (.DOC & .XLS) as Microsoft® Office and has the same look and feel. Maintain compatibility and save a fortune, 602PC SUITE is available at a cost of up to 90% lower than Microsoft® Office 2003*!

Export to Adobe Acrobat® PDF (Portable Document Format) directly from any 602PC SUITE application. Convert documents, spreadsheets and digital photos to this widely accepted format for quick and easy online distribution.

This integrated solution for creating, editing and viewing documents & spreadsheets is compatible with Microsoft® Word (9x/2000/XP/2003) and Microsoft® Excel. You will be surprised that many features work in EXACTLY the same way as Microsoft® Office.

602PC SUITE provides a complete solution for any digital photo enthusiast. Easily edit, restore, enhance, print, present and share your photos. Organize your photos into virtual albums and simply publish these albums to the web, a photo CD or e-mail.

Create documents and publish them online in the same way you save them on your hard drive. 602PC SUITE along with eDock Server will provide easy document sharing and access from anywhere using a standard web browser.

Affordable multi-user licensing starts at only three (3) users. Each multi-user license purchased for an organization allows installation on an employee's home computer! A simple, one-time software registration is required for the entire organization.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

post a screen shot of word if you have office 2003 and not works....
Old 11-20-2005, 04:05 AM   #28 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Warez Monster
post a screen shot of word if you have office 2003 and not works....
It's 4 am and I'll get a screenshot later.

In program menu, it says Microsoft Office. When I hover the mouse, to the right the programs appear. Every single one says 2003 behind it, such as Word 2003, Excel 2003, etc.

The other thing is, when I go into add/remove programs, it's listed as Microsoft Office Professional 2003..... Does the Professional mean a difference? It shows in add/remove programs, but not in the actual program menu.

Closed Thread