HELP ME - blue screen error after reinstall

miranda

Beta member
Hello, buds. Last night I reinstalled my win XP. Everything went fine and after finishing I began installing drivers and a few programmes I had on the original CD's that came with the PC years ago. Then I finally installed antivirus and tried to shut down computer but - a blue screen error occurred - this one: IMG_1534.jpg - Prikachi.com (http://prikachi.com/images/874/6128874I.jpg - if the first link doesn't work). And - computer began to reboot like crazy - unable to load windows - reaching this blue screen and then - reboot again. I managed to disable automatic reboot and shut it down through the power supply button (really pity).
My questions are: what's it all about in this error; what could have caused it; how to fix it.
Thanx in advance.

CAUSE
This problem may occur if you have Novell Client 4.83 installed on Windows XP Professional.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, install the "Novell Client 4.83 Post SP 2 Update "E" - TID2966677" from Novell Inc. To download the update, visit the following Novell Web site:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2966677.htm
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.

You receive a Stop error code 0x00000044 (Multiple_IRP_Complete_Requests) on Windows XP Professional

I already read this, but I have no such thing like Novell Client installed.
Apart from this, the update they recommend is no longer available.
Any other possibilities to fix the matter?

Last edited:
The MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS bug check has a value of 0x00000044. This indicates that a driver has tried to request an IRP be completed that is already complete.

Important Info If You Have Received a STOP Code

If you received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error. If your copy of Windows came with your computer, call the manufacturer of your computer. If you purchased Windows separately from your computer, Microsoft provides support. To find contact info for Microsoft or your computer manufacturer, Contact Support.

If you have experience with computers and want to try to recover from this error, follow the steps provided in the Microsoft article Resolving STOP (Blue Screen) Errors in Windows.

These actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:

Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
Scan your computer for computer viruses.
Check your hard disk for errors.

Cause

A driver has called IoCompleteRequest to ask that an IRP be completed, but the packet has already been completed.

Resolution

This is a tough bug to find because the simplest case -- a driver that attempted to complete its own packet twice -- is usually not the source of the problem. More likely, two separate drivers each believe that they own the packet, and each has attempted to complete it. The first request succeeds, and the second fails, resulting in this bug check.

Tracking down which drivers in the system caused the error is difficult, because the trail of the first driver has been covered by the second. However, the driver stack for the current request can be found by examining the device object fields in each of the stack locations.

Source: Microsoft

To put it simply, the system installed a driver that too precedent over another causing the system to have a conflict. Since it is not known which driver(s) are causing this there is no way we can assist you in correcting it. The only real thing we can suggest is to try a Windows Repair using the XP CD.

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

Back
Top Bottom