but the text and all that stuff is small i heard you can change font somewhere

where??

i have 75 max at 1280*1024

how to make icons and text bigger at this resolution

ok i am happy i figuried it out!! last question
i have 19"LCD it says the best rate is 1280*1024 at 60 hertz

should i change hertz to 70 72 75 or leave it at 60

what better for the eyes

the higher the better for your eyes...but most lcd have a fixed rate which you cant really see the refresh, they dont really have a refresh rate

CRT vs. LCD - The Pros and Cons of Each

Resolution & Viewing Quality
Resolution on a CRT is flexible and a newer model will provide you with viewing resolutions of up to 1600 by 1200 and higher, whereas on an LCD the resolution is fixed within each monitor (called a native resolution). The resolution on an LCD can be changed, but if you're running it at a resolution other than its native resolution you will notice a drop in performance or quality.

Both types of monitors (newer models) provide bright and vibrant color display. However, LCDs cannot display the maximum color range that a CRT can. In terms of image sharpness, when an LCD is running at its native resolution the picture quality is perfectly sharp. On a CRT the sharpness of the picture can be blemished by soft edges or a flawed focus.

A CRT monitor can be viewed from almost any angle, but with an LCD this is often a problem. When you use an LCD, your view changes as you move different angles and distances away from the monitor. At some odd angles, you may notice the picture fade, and possibly look as if it will disappear from view.

Refresh Rate
Some users of a CRT may notice a bit of an annoying flicker, which is an inherent trait based on a CRTs physical components. Today's graphics cards, however, can provide a high refresh rate signal to the CRT to get rid of this otherwise annoying problem. LCDs are flicker-free and as such the refresh rate isn't an important issue with LCDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom