Help me !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enabling "hibernate"

To enable "hibernate," simply go to your Control Panel, click on "power options," and set your PC to "hibernate" after a specified time (most recommend 30 minutes).

If you are away from your PC a lot during the work day, you may want to set it to "hibernate" after 45 minutes to an hour, and set it to "standby" to 15 minutes. Under "standby," you'll be conserving power but you won't be saving your computer memory onto your hard disk, as you will with "hibernate." "Standby" is meant for shorter absences.

That ofcourse was not written by me...i took it of microsoft.com.
I do use hibernate once in a while on vista.

What do you mean by "please tell me about others"?

Let me know if this helped...if not just ask what part you didnt get.

I known set my computer to "hibernate".My question is:When I turn off computer,I click on "Start->Turn of computer" have 3 choice are:"Stand by"+"turn off"+"restart".That i want when i press "Turn Off" my computer do not turn off,it will to "Hibernate".
With my OS is Windows XP pack2.
Can you help me this problem with OS is Linux,wista...?
Thanks!

I known set my computer to "hibernate".My question is:When I turn off computer,I click on "Start->Turn of computer" have 3 choice are:"Stand by"+"turn off"+"restart".That i want when i press "Turn Off" my computer do not turn off,it will to "Hibernate".
With my OS is Windows XP pack2.
Can you help me this problem with OS is Linux,wista...?
Thanks!

Im sorry but I dont know how to do that with xp.
I have never used linux, and with Vista, they have a hibernate button next to the shutdown button.

What is the point of going to start and selecting turn off to make pc hibernate, when you can push the button on the front of pc to make it hibernate.

What is the point of going to start and selecting turn off to make pc hibernate, when you can push the button on the front of pc to make it hibernate.

he doesnt know how to do that.
i dont either since i dont really care about hibernate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom