Help, manually uninstalling Alcohol 120, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

hereticiv

Baseband Member
I had alcohol 120 installed and working just fine. Then I tried to install ATI's ruby demo and it told me that the alcohol installation was suspended and to continue I had to undo that alcohol installation, I figured ok, what the hell. When the uninstall happened though it didn't take away the virtual drive and so I had a totally unworkable virtual drive. I tried to reinstall alcohol 120 and just like the last time it almost finished and then my computer rebooted but this time the installation didn't complete like it did before. When I tried to run the uninstall program with alcohol it said it was not installed. So, I manually deleted all the files and reg keys but the a347scsi key wont delete, even in safe mode. The virtual drive is gone but I still have reg keys from alcohol, daemon, and alcohol again (different name) and none of them can be deleted. Now, no virtual drive will install. Is there anyway to do this manually or will I have to reinstall windows (I'm not doing a freshinstall just install over the one I have...will that work? I really can't do a fresh install at the moment) any help would be great, thanks

I would really appreciate any help at all. Especially if anyone knows whether or not a non-clean install of XP would correct the issue. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom