Help Installing Windows Xp Service Pack 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe563

Solid State Member
Hey guys before i had a problem downloading service pack 2 but now that ive got it ive tried to install it. During the installation an error message comes up saying it cant find Windows XP System Files and something about not being able to copy the accessor.inf file, could someone please help me.

Also ive heard that after you eventually install service pack 2 if theres something wrong u cant use system restore to revert back. The problem comes into play because the restore point format has been changed in Service Pack 2. The good news is that there is a fix for the problem. You can download the fix at HP Site But it only works for HP Computer's. Is there one that works on any computer? Or none apart from H.P's :(

Thank You

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 19
do you have your xp cd? if so insert it and it should find the file it needs. The best way to do this is to slipstream sp2 into a new xp cd and you wont have these issues

yes. it's called slipstreaming your sp2 unto your xp disc with autostreamer (google it)

I havent got the XP C.D but i can get it easily, hopefully thins would work, what about the other thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom