Help here plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzN

Baseband Member
ok im having some serious errors on both my laptop and desktop.
on my laptop i cant seem to run most of the programs i got installed in my laptop IE: microsoft money 2002. i get this error everytime i load it

"The ordinal 6467 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42.dll" i dled the missing dll file and place it in the system folder and i still get the same error and i reinstalled the program and even upgrade my xp. anyone know how i can fix this??

other error is on my desktop, when i got search there is no search field listed for me to search like u can see the search field above the dog but i dont see it and my desktop is running on xp pro, and everytime i goto a site it does'nt shows me java scripts on all the sites i goto even on my comp. and my win media play doens't work , saying internal application error has occured, i reinstalled it but still get same error. if anyone can help me out on this i woul really appreciate it thxs.

ok, with your desktop, are you clicking one of the search options? (ie: files and folders, pictures, music, and video, etc)

And are you running abootleg version of winXP? becuase there was a key that was used a long time with bootleg XP disks that does not allow the user to download the winXP SP1, and if you do not have Service pack 1 then you cant suport java or anything of the such. you are going to have to dl the microsoft VM java application individualy from the service pack somehow.

And try upgradeing your media player thourgh the windows update site.

did you alwyas get these errors from the time you installd XP?

Run a virus scan. It sounds like you have a bug. To have that many error messeges isn't natural.

Oh wait, we're talking about windows arn't we?

yes its windows i think and when your talking about the search field theres nothing listed there for me to search its all blank IE: no files picture folder etc. for me to select. and no im not running any bootleg version of xp on my laptop but on my desktop im running xp pro that i dled. i think its something that i deleted that caused all these errors but im not sure, is there a way to fix this?

ok thxs alot i got my laptop fixed now thxs to u guys. right now its my desktop that needs help. any suggestions?

aight thxs alot for the info i'll try and repair it and see wat happens next.

o yea btw is it possible to use win xp home cd to repair win xp pro.?? when u reboot. cause i dont have the winxp pro cd i just dled mines. if not if there a way to repair it?

and i tried to repair it it ask me for admin pw: wich i dont know wat they are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom