Help Hard Drive Wont Let Me Format - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Help Hard Drive Wont Let Me Format

hi does any one no where i can get the sata drivers from. To see if that is the problem.

tried the changing the cd drive it didnt work still stuck at the same part but thanx any way

But a put the old hard drive in a diffrent machine as a slave and it worked so a got back some of the data i lost. But i tried putting it back it in the other computer and it just got stuck on the windows load up screen. The littlel bar came up in the middle of the screen but just didnt move so thinking it could be the board now. is there any way i could fix the boot up on the old hard drive and the run the new one as a slave would that be easier

Old 03-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Read the thread by Eric here:

He gives info on how to create a custom install disc a few posts down and where to get the stuff needed to do so.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 03-09-2008, 06:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie

The problem seems to be worse then i thought. I found an old hard drive which is not sata. Tried that and it still gets stuck on the same screen. I have even borrowed another xp pro disk to see if its that. But it still gets stuck could really do with someones help.

Closed Thread