[Help] Format Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrgrim333 said:
Also after feformating via bootdisk... I only have 125gb on my drive... OEM its 224gm, any Idea why?

get the 48bit lba enabler.

it sounds like you have a bootsector virus. now that you have dr dos running right, use powermax quick erase to get rid of it (fdisk won't get rid of a bootsector virus), then reinstall windows. use your xp cd to break your drive into 2 or 3 partitions unless your have your hard drive cd. you can use it to format your drive into 1 224 gig drive. what hard drive do you have?

Dr. Dos?...

Just becuase im a little slow to all this stuff you have been pitching me let me get this right ...

1: I made a powermax disk
2: I try to run it and it gives me dos version error
3: I get dr. dos
4: Now what...

mrgrim333 said:
Dr. Dos?...

Just becuase im a little slow to all this stuff you have been pitching me let me get this right ...

1: I made a powermax disk
2: I try to run it and it gives me dos version error
3: I get dr. dos
4: Now what...

win 98 have ms dos. xp have dr dos. you had dos issue at first, them you seemed to have fix the dos issues. so now you should try to use the powermax cd.iso to wipe your drive clean

But its an ISO ... How the heck is that suposed to work... You've lost me, Im sorry for being a nuisance.

use a bootable linus operating system from www.linux.com. MEPIS will work well. you can boot and run from the disk and reformat within MEPIS, then install XP using that CD.

lol....Uhhhh not to burst your bubble dude but I already fixed that. I had to completely wipe my drive and install a differant version of windows..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom