[Help] Format Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgrim333

Baseband Member
My mom's incomitant boyfriend got us the W32.sober.x@mm worm... I need to reformat. Problem is, the virus stays because there is 2 drives in 1... So long story short, I need a formating program that I can use on a cd so its bootable. Links, input, help!?

Yes I too would use the XP disc. Delete both partitions, recreate new ones format the primary partition, then once windows is booted format the 2nd partition via "My Computer". You could also just have one large drive if you wanted.

I know all that windows stuff.... But I need a program to run off the drive.... bootable cd. Because reformatting windows style still leaves me boned.

so.... get the 98 boot disc (im running xp) and put it on a floppy (I only got dvd's + my computer has no A' drive) .....

And that should end my computer's existance.. Right?

I need the drive wiped clean.... No ANYTHING on the drive...

No you need to boot with it in and use the DOS command "FDISK" Then boot with your CD.

If CD does not use auto boot use "dir" commands to see your directories and use cd <directory name> to change directorys. Find Setup.exe and start it.

mrgrim333 said:
so.... get the 98 boot disc (im running xp) and put it on a floppy (I only got dvd's + my computer has no A' drive) .....

And that should end my computer's existance.. Right?

I need the drive wiped clean.... No ANYTHING on the drive...

if you have no floppy drive then you cant do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom