Help with external hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.

gundam01

Beta member
Erm, my external hdd was working fine until after i played an online game, when i tried to open files from the hdd it tells me to format it.

I thought it was just some error and so i unplugged the usb and plug it back.. and after that my com couldnt detect my external hdd.

It shows up under Safety Remove function but theres only 2 options instead of 3: 1. USB Mass Storage Device and 2. HTS42404 OM9AT00 Device. The Generic Volume thing doesnt show like my other external devices for example Ipod.

The USB thing also shows up under Device Manager USB controllers. Its said to be working properly which wasnt true.

Disk Management does not list the external hdd storage volume and i tried to rescan disks but to no avail.

Anyone has any idea whats the problem ? It was working fine until after i played the online game. Warcraft Dota. I play it all the time and this is the 1st time my external hdd has a problem. I don't think its because of the game.

Thanks alot

That's strange, is removing it from the enclosure an option?

But first, after it says it's installed does it show in comp management?

hmm comp management is the disk management section right ?
i will try removing it from the casing but what must i do after that ?

Yes right click my computer go to manage and then disk management. see if u see it there.

If u take it out of the case you can slave it internally and see if the comp sees it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom